Employers want to be sure their current and prospective employees have solid basic skills. Not only will having employees with solid basic skills make them more valuable to the company, but they will do a better job at representing the company when in public, writing letters or making presentations. They will likely have more opportunities for promotion and taking on greater responsibilities.
Companies promoting from within and need to be sure certain objective standards are met – including core educational skills. In recent years, more emphasis has been placed on the value of the human resource asset and companies are doing more to provide training in team and leadership skills. Yet companies want all levels of employees to contribute to the future of the business. Providing workers with an opportunity to gain or refresh their basic skills is one way to actively support them. In addition, companies may wish to find other ways to build a bond of loyalty and trust between employer/employee and extend affordable learning opportunities for the children of employees. In both circumstances, the Library is an affordable way to bring quality learning into the lives of workers and their families. The Library is private, confidential and self-paced. Employees wishing to take advantage of the opportunity can do so without broadcasting to anyone else they are working on their basic skills.
Being Internet based, the worker (or family member) can use the Library at the office, in a computer lab, at home, or a public or school library.
If any employee is trying to find time to work on their GED, the Library is a great tool to make available to them. If an employee wants to go back to school (i.e. a Community College), they may do more favorably by using the Lifetime Library first – to hone the skills that come from high school preparatory class work so when they take their incoming skills assessment test, they will do better and be granted access to the classes of their choice (which may be in areas requested by you, the employer). The ramifications of not doing well on incoming assessment testing at a Community College may mean a longer course of study leading to higher expense by an employer – especially if a tuition reimbursement program is in place. Being prepared, doing better on incoming assessment tests and gaining access to chosen course work are all positive motivators for an employee.
The Lifetime Library is an educational benefit that cannot be overlooked by any employer! It is affordable – and it is effective. It is unlike software or online tutoring products that “drill” and there are no cartoons or animated characters. The Library is designed using a “young adult and adult” perspective and its multimedia design is integral to the learning process. View Learning Principles Designed into the Lifetime Library written by Dr. Rolf Parsons
The Library can be used in many businesses and industries. The Lifetime Library plays a role whenever an employer wants workers to be better versed in math, reading and writing!
• A supplemental tool that supports the education goals of employers.
• Helps employees needing to improve basic skills in Reading, Writing and Math – which can be an important part of an employee’s eventual opportunity for advancement and promotion.
• Helps an employer support the education of employees’ children.
• It is an affordable product – allowing for unlimited users under the terms of the License to use the Lifetime Library.
• User Names are “portable” – allowing personnel to work from home or other location that allows them to study in privacy.
• Employers get full access to a “management system” and can set up new Users in a matter of minutes.
• The Library is “browser and Operating System independent” – it can be accessed on a PC or Mac with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome.
• Every lesson is designed with life-applications in mind – instruction, narration and content is meant to help users understand the subject matter.
• Real learning occurs – the Lifetime Library is not a boring “drill-only” product.
• It is self-paced – and personal (no peer pressure)
• Being multimedia, it is engaging. With built-in tools such as narration, language translator, a calculator, dictionary, record keeping, and practice & challenge exercises, this is a “complete learning system”. Built-in Placement Tests lets your employees and their family members find the best starting place in the Library – essentially crediting them for what they already know, something they will appreciate!
• The U.S. Army is one of the world’s largest employers and Dr. Kraut (ret.) says: “The Lifetime Library is a great tool and has helped many soldiers with their basic skills.”
• “Lifetime Learning has helped so many adult workforce learners in an economy where finding jobs depends on have the best skills possible, including those of math, reading and writing.” (Gale H. – California)
• “I use the Library to help my immigrant workforce refine their educational skills. Their hard work, along with improving educational skills provides promotional opportunities for them.” (Bill K. – Iowa)
• The Library is simple to make available. Once you have the “Management System” in place, you can quickly and easily set up new Users, whether employees or their children. Workers and their children are able to get up and running quickly using a “Quick Start Guide”, or viewing an online video overview. We will even train company personnel to become an internal trainer. There are only a handful of easy-to-understand icons and all portions of the Library are consistent in style and functionality.
• We always recommend that first time users take a Placement Test. That way your workers and their family members will know their best starting point. (And if you have any “practice” assessment test that may mirror actual tests you administer to employees when eligible for promotion, it can be incorporated into the Library’s “Test Center” so workers can quickly see where they are strong and weak. This will allow them time to use the Library to re-build their skills and prepare for their test, confident they have the ability to demonstrate their ability to take on more responsibility and contribute to the growth of your company.)
Purchasing the Library for your Company or Business
Annual or multi-year subscriptions for government and military agencies are available. Please call Lifetime Learning or send email to: email@example.com or use the following form to contact us.
When sending email, please include the following information:
• Phone Number
• Email Address
• Title (or job function such as): Instructor, Principal, Curriculum Director, Learning Lab Specialist, Director of Technology, Superintendent, HR/Training, etc.)
• School / Institution / Business Name
• School or Business/Institution website